LCVP is a Senior Cycle Programme designed to give a strong vocational dimension to the Leaving Certificate. The programme combines the virtues of academic study with a new dynamic focus on self-directed learning, enterprise, work and the community.
Requirements for the Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme, which is of two years’ duration, are as follows:
- LCVP students must take a minimum of five Leaving Certificate Subjects (at higher, ordinary or foundation level) including Irish.
- Two of the above must be selected from one of the designated Vocational Subject Groupings (these are groups of Leaving Cert subjects which link naturally together).
- They must follow a recognised course in a Modern European Language (other than Irish or English).
- They must study two additional Link Modules, Preparation for the World of Work • and Enterprise Education.
One weeks Work Experience.
Our Transition Year Programme although optional, is very firmly academically founded where students experience all Leaving Cert subjects, thereby helping them make informed subject choices for Senior Cycle.
However, Transition Year has a very practical component where the emphasis is on discovery/experiential learning in the form of project work. There is a strong focus on cultivating life skills alongside personal development whilst fostering confidence and maturity. Transition Year is ideally suited to the younger student who needs time to develop/mature and the ambitious student aiming for higher points in the Leaving Cert. It has been well established through statistical data that Transition Year graduates achieve on average up to 40 points more than his counterpart who takes the direct route from Junior Cert to Leaving Cert.
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- First Aid
- The “Public Access to Law Course”
- Drive for Life
- An Gaisce
- Film Making
- Establishment of Mini Companies
- Cultural experiences
- Speech & Drama
- Young Scientist
- Work Experience
- Future Leaders Program
- e-Learning Portfolio
- Forensics Module
- Chinese Module
Transition Year Photo Gallery