Our Use Of Technology
St Mary’s CBS is committed to equipping our students with the most up to date use of technology in order to meet the demands of third level education, of employment and of communication in their world.
- We introduced iPads in 2012 and continue to encourage them to be the choice of parents and students.
- Each classroom has a teacher’s computer with Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 16 installed and a projector.
- We are a Microsoft 365 school which means that our teachers and students use Microsoft applications to do assignments, provide teacher feedback, assign homework, provide additional learning material in the form of videos, notes, links, etc.
- Students each have their own email which links it all together and they learn how to save their own materials on OneDrive. They can access this information from home.
- Each year our teachers expand their knowledge of these technologies and our Digital Learning Framework, available on our Website, outlines our Vision in this area.
- Transition Year students have the opportunity to qualify in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The availability of three computer rooms in the school ensures that our students can avail of the best technology a secondary school can offer.
We are happy to report the Wriggle store is now open and devices are available to purchase. The attached PDF outlines the steps you must take to order to purchase your Wriggle Device bundle and then purchase your books from Bookhaven.
- Please see the attached PDF document and also links to videos explaining how to purchase:
- 1. iPad device from Wriggle. with school store code: 02742671 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9h3K8fK_gw&t=1s
- 2. Schoolbooks from the Bookhaven website. with quickcode: 3fn21y. https://youtu.be/vJ59ouAeyaw
Some important information you may want to take note of:
- The School store code is attached at the top of the PDF document and highlighted in green
- You must watch the quick Wriggle video which explains the process before you will be allowed to choose your bundle and order
- The fees for the 3-year licence for Mobile Device Management and Digital Technology Training Support are mandatory
- There is a late fee of 50 euro if you do not place your order before June 9th
- The quickcode for Bookhaven allows you a 12.5% discount. Otherwise you may purchase your books anywhere and use the code on the inside of the front cover to download to your iPad App for that publisher (eg: Edco or Folens or ieducate.ie, etc) The apps will be on the iPad when you purchase it.
It is important to note the iPad order from Wriggle is completely separate to your book order from Bookhaven. Once the iPad is delivered you will find the Wriggle Connect App pre-installed. This will guide you on how to redeem eBooks so your son can access his schoolbooks on the device.