Our Use Of Technology
St Mary’s CBS is committed to equipping our students with the most up to date use of technology in order to meet the demands of third level education, of employment and of communication in their world.
- We introduced iPads in 2012 and continue to encourage them to be the choice of parents and students.
- Each classroom has a teacher’s computer with Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 16 installed and a projector.
- We are a Microsoft 365 school which means that our teachers and students use Microsoft applications to do assignments, provide teacher feedback, assign homework, provide additional learning material in the form of videos, notes, links, etc.
- Students each have their own email which links it all together and they learn how to save their own materials on OneDrive. They can access this information from home.
- Each year our teachers expand their knowledge of these technologies and our Digital Learning Framework, available on our Website, outlines our Vision in this area.
- Transition Year students have the opportunity to qualify in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- The availability of three computer rooms in the school ensures that our students can avail of the best technology a secondary school can offer.
St Mary’s CBS iPad Information 2022
The cost of an iPad 64 / 256GB €379/€525
Recommended heavy-duty case €45
Wriggle services and support €120
The cost of e-books will depend entirely on the subject options your son selects. THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE WRIGGLE BUNDLE
Total €544 / €690
The Online Store opens in April (further information on the order process attached below) with our Unique store code: 02742671
It is important to note that the iPad must be purchased from Wriggle. However, parents must also purchase physical schoolbooks from any retailer of their choice.
All books purchased will come with an eBook code on the inside of the front cover which will allow students to redeem an electronic copy of the book onto the iPad
(*This will not be possible for those students who opt for book rental as the codes will have expired)
This eBook redeem process will be facilitated by the school with comprehensive iPad training provided during the first week of term.
Link to Wriggle – iPad Information sheet
Link to Wriggle – Steps to order
Link to Wriggle – Redeeming eBooks
Any issue please contact our iPad Coordinator Mr G Brennan by email firstname.lastname@example.org