effective: 25th May 2018
This Privacy Statement governs the manner in which St. Mary’s CBS collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the https://www.portlaoisecbs.com website (“Site”). This privacy statement applies to the Site and our school.
Personal Identifiable Information (School)
We collect personal identifiable information from prospective students & staff in a variety of ways in connection with the delivery of education at our school. We will collect personal identifiable information from data subjects when they voluntarily submit such information to us:
How we use collected information
Our privacy statement is very simple. If you share data / information with us (St. Mary’s CBS, a Data Controller), it will remain with us. It may be passed onto authorised third parties i.e. Department of Education. We will retain and process your personal data to deliver education at our school in the Public Interest.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for a length of time as per our Retention Policy i.e. For students, this generally means we will retain data for up to 7 years after a student has left the school, For staff we will retain data for the duration of employment and up to 7 years thereafter. After this time, your data will be destroyed by confidential shredding our deletion from our school’s database.
In certain circumstances we may retain your data longer, these circumstances and the retention period are outlined in St. Mary’s CBS Data Protection Policies.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or trade users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information with the Department of Education from time to time.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include the right to:
- request information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. This service is free of charge.
- request that we rectify without undue delay any inaccuracies in relation to the personal data we hold;
- in some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your data;
- obtain restriction of processing in some circumstances;
- object to any processing in some circumstances;
- in some circumstances, request that your personal data be transferred to you or a new school if the data is processed automatically (Please note, that we retain only a copy of certain data collected from you. Furthermore we do not avail of systems that make automated decisions based on your data);
- if we are processing any data for which you have given consent, you may withdraw consent to us processing your personal data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland, this is the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner;
Any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you wish to exercise any of these rights or any other rights provided for in this Statement please contact us below.
Personal Identifiable Information (Website)
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways in connection with activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal Identifiable Information (Website)
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
- keep track of how you interact with our website;
- target advertising;
- keep track of how you access and download our materials; and
- offer functionality on our website, including social media plug-ins and sharing.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Some pages of our Website include external links to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for these websites or the use of your information by third parties. You should check the privacy notices on any third party websites to ensure that you are satisfied with their privacy practices, prior to sharing any personal information.
How to contact us
For general queries and requests of any kind, please contact:
St. Mary’s CBS