The Aims and Objectives of Treoiri:
- To support the Management of the whole school.
- To assist with the organising and management of school events.
- To represent the school at official events.
- To build relationships throughout the school but especially with the 2nd and 3rd year students.
- To support the 2nd and 3rd year pastoral team with the integration of new students or students with particular needs.
- To provide a variety of activities for 2nd and 3rd year students at lunch time.
- To support Meitheal activities with our first year students.
Treoiri are selected from students entering 5th year. They must make a written application and will be considered on the following criteria:
- Previous involvement in extracurricular activities..
- Skills and talents which the student can bring to the team.
- Innovation and ideas for the team.
- Commitment to work in general.
- Behaviour and attendance record.
Each criterion will be marked out of 10. All students scoring 40 or more marks will have their names put into a hat to be selected. The first ten names picked out will go to the principal for approval.
This team of ten will be joined by a maximum of three 6th year students who will help them with their meetings and activities. These 6th years may be students who were on the Treoiri Team in their 5th year and wish to continue with their work or they may be students who applied for Meitheal, were not selected, but are students whom the co-ordinating teacher is satisfied that they would be a valuable asset to the team.
The Responsibilities of Treoiri
- To run outdoor activities such as a football league for 2nd and 3rd
- To run non-sporting activities such as chess, library, etc aimed at 2nd and 3rd
- To support teachers who are already running lunchtime activities such as cooking, science, film club, etc.
- To support Meitheal with the intial introduction of the first years to school in September.
- To assist with a minimum of 2 parent teacher meetings.
- To assist at events such as the Open Night, Incoming Assessment, IPad training, etc.
- To liaise with the Year heads of 2nd and 3rd years on an ongoing basis with regard to students in need.