I hope that your son is settling into the TY programme and enjoying the new school year.
We have had a very busy September.
- Tuesday 8th September-Enjoyed a great interactive learning experience with an Australian Forensic Scientist
- Wednesday 9th September- Monday 14th – 16th September- Bonding trip to Carlingford Adventure Centre
- Tuesday 22nd September- Visited the Ploughing Championships.
- Tuesday 29th September- Visited Trinity College and toured Croke Park.
- On October 13th we plan to do a Bogathan Challenge
- followed by a visit to Donaghmore Famine Workhouse and Agriculture Museum.
- On October 20th we plan to visit Emo Court House and Gardens and hike in the Slieve Blooms.
We have entered a number of competitions:
- On October 6th we had the first round of the Battle of the Wits table Congratulations to Paul Booth, Conor Devoy, Conor Whelan and Jordan Overton who will go on to represent the CBS at the County Final at 6.00 in Mountmellick Library on November 17th.
- Poetry Aloud Regional is on Thursday next October 15th in Portlaoise College.
- All students have completed an essay for UCC Law Competition.
- We have entered the Mini Med Lottery where, if chosen, we can send a student to be a medical student for a week in The College of Surgeons.
- Six students have also applied to participate in a similar programme in TCD School of Physics.
Script writing is currently taking place for our December 18th production of Aladdin.
Upcoming events to take note of;
Speech & Drama exams Thursday 19th November
Drive for Life November Tuesday 10th and Thursday 12th
Law days / introduction to Mock Trial Competition 7th & 8th December
Attending Scoil Chriost Ri drama production Mon 14th/Tuesday 15th Dec.
In-School Production of Transition Year Panto December 18th
Couch to 5k between now and Christmas!