TY students have been busy with science activities.
- TY students Ben Conroy, Kilian McGannon and Alan Bowe are comparing e-cigarettes and regular cigarettes with their Young Scientist project ‘ smoking is killing, vaping is ??’
- All students attended a lecture and hands-on miniaturized activities in the National Conference Centre. The conference was run by microTas2016 and encouraged STEM themes in an innovative and engaging way.
- Their second science trip started with a workshop run by Irish Aid, then a tour of Trinity college and onto a Google sponsored tour of the Science Gallery, where students had the opportunity to explore what happens when art and science collide.
- Engineers from Fingleton & White engineering company visited the CBS and talked about different types of engineering, giving the students lots of ideas for future job prospects.
- All 2nd year and TY students are busy at present working on their SciFest project for February.